Posted by Brian on 2/9/2020 to Marantec Opener: Model Q7500 & Q7700
Remote Programming Instructions for Marantec MQ7500 and Q7700 Openers
Below are instructions on programming a garage door remote to the Marantec model Q7500 and model Q7700 operators. You'll only use the instructions below if you don't have any remotes programmed to the operator. The Marantec operators can only hold the code of one remote. Additional remotes copy the code of the one programmed remote so if you are looking to program additional remotes check out the video Programming Marantec Remote Video here. However, what do you do if you don't have an existing remote (perhaps you lost it or you just moved into the home and they didn't leave you a remote). Here's a rundown on how to program a new remote by using the buttons on the powerhead (motor) unit on the ceiling.
Here is a diagram of the red program buttons on the opener powerhead:
Program the remote into the opener powerhead by using the "+", "-", and "P" buttons on the powerhead. Here is a rundown on how to program the remote using the buttons on the powerhead unit on the ceiling. You should see 3 red buttons: "+"button / "-"button / "P" button. There are also 4 numbered red LED lights.
TO PROGRAM A REMOTE (or make/change any adjustment):
- Press and hold the "P" button for approximately 2 seconds. When all LEDs illuminate and LED #1 begins to blink, release the button.You are now ready to set or change the desired adjustment.
- Press and release the "P" button until the #3 LED is blinking. The opener can now learn the code of the hand-held transmitter.
- While LED#3 is blinking, press and hold the button on the transmitter. When you see LED #3 flashing rapidly, you can release the transmitter button. The opener has now learned the particular code of this transmitter.
- Once the opener has successfully received the code from the transmitter, press and release the "P" button. This stores the code in memory. It also completes the adjustment setting sequence, and completes the program process.
- The LEDs will automatically fade out in a circular pattern, which indicates that the program mode is complete. LED #4 should now be illuminated, and the opener is ready for operation.
You now have one remote programmed into the opener. If you need to program additional remotes like the 382 Digital 2-button remote, 384 Digital 4-button remote or 392 Digital Keychain Remote then you'll use the programming connector to transfer the code from the programmed remote to the new remote(s). Watch the video (linked above) on how to transfer the code. If you wish to add a M13-631 Wireless Keyless Entry you'll need to use the programmed remote to program the keyless entry.
Feel free to email us at [email protected] if you have any questions.