Remote program instructions for marantec M4500e and m4700e operators
Learn how to program a remote into a Marantec M4500e or M4700e operator
Marantec operators only hold ONE remote code in their memory. Additional remotes are "cloned" from the programmed remote. So if you don't have any remotes programmed into your Marantec operator you'll follow the instructions below to program one remote into the operator. These instructions can also be found in the Marantec operator manual. Any additional remotes will be added by connecting the two remotes using a programming connector and transferring the code from the programmed remote to the additional remote.
If you're looking at the garage door operator you'll see three red buttons: "+", "-" and "P" buttons along with 8 LED lights that are numbered. You'll use these three buttons and LED lights to program the remote into the operator by using the following instructions for the Marantec M4500e and M4700e models:
- Press & Hold the "P" button for approximately 2 seconds. When LED's #8, #1 and #2 illuminate release the button.
- Now Press & Release the "P" button until the #6, #7 and #8 LED's are illuminated. The operator can now learn the code from the remote.
- Press & Hold the button on the Remote that you wish to program. When you see LED #7 flashing rapidly you can release the Remote button. The operator has now learned the code for this particular remote.
- Now Press & Release the "P" button once. This stores the code in the operator memory & completes the programming process.
- The LED's will automatically fade out in a circular pattern which indicates the program mode is complete.
- Test the remote by pressing the button that was programmed. If the operator runs then the programming was successful. If it doesn't then repeat the steps above and go through the programming process.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us at: [email protected]